MY NAME IS SYLVIA MCGROARTY, Humanist Officiant
I am licensed by the Registrar General of the Province of Ontario to perfom...
plus other ceremonies
I would be happy to assist you with the creation of a beautiful and meaningful Ceremony whether it is wedding, memorial, funeral or other ceremony. I am a knowledgeable, experienced non religious Officiant. (Religious or cultural readings may be included if you wish, to be read by a family member or friend).
Part of your fee will go to charity.
DEFINING HUMANISM: Humanism is a non-religious ethical philosophy, a way of life and a way of thinking that involves adherence to strong ethics, an emphasis on human rights and respect for the Earth and its living beings. A Humanist works towards creating a more humane and responsible world, with a commitment to reason, freedom, tolerance and compassion.
What are the steps…
I like to meet with you to ensure we are a good fit. I will answer your questions and discuss items such as...
- location of ceremony, date and time, inside or outside
- what you envision for the ceremony
- the three legal requirements to be included in your wedding ceremony
- how much is the fee
- musical selections
- readings or poems
- what is required of you throughout the ceremony. Tips to help you relax and enjoy.
- who may be involved in the ceremony - family/friends/children
- what does the Officiant wear
- is photography permitted throughout the ceremony
- is a microphone needed
- how long is the ceremony
- is a rehearsal necessary
- how to get your Marriage Licence and Marriage Certificate...
CONSULTATION: No charge.
I am an email or phone call away to help you create a meaningful ceremony.