My name is SYLVIA MCGROARTY, Humanist Officiant
I am licensed by the Registrar General of the Province of Ontario to perform...
FUNERALS - CELEBRATION OF LIFE
ELOPEMENTS & RENEWAL OF VOWS
HOUSE & BOAT BLESSINGS
DESTINATIONS WEDDINGS (including underwater ceremonies)
I would be happy to assist you with the creation of a beautiful and meaningful ceremony whether it is wedding, memorial, funeral or other ceremony. I am a knowledgeable, non religious Officiant with 7 years experience.
Part of your fee will go to charity.
DEFINING HUMANISM: Humanism is a non-religious ethical philosophy, a way of life and a way of thinking that involves adherence to strong ethics, an emphasis on human rights and respect for its living beings. A Humanist works towards creating a more humane and responsible world, with a commitment to reason, freedom, tolerance and compassion.
What are the steps…
I like to meet with you in person or Skype to ensure we are a good fit. I will answer your questions and discuss items such as...
- how to get your Marriage Licence and Marriage Certificate...
- what you envision for the ceremony
- the three legal requirements necessary to be legally married
- how much is the fee
- musical selections, readings or poems
- processional & recessional
- vows and rings
- who may be involved in the ceremony - family/friends/children
- a cultural or religious reading may be included, read by a guest
- what does the Officiant wear
- is a microphone needed
- how long a ceremony you would like. Traditional, modern or both
- is a rehearsal necessary
- what is required of you throughout the ceremony. My ceremonies are designed so it is easy for you to participate. Tips to help you relax and enjoy.
CONSULTATION: No charge.
I am an email or phone call away to help you create a meaningful ceremony.